In this section, you will find many instructional materials we've developed for our Writing Center teaching.
However, there are limitations to these materials. Assignments vary, and different instructors want different things from student writers. Therefore, the advice here may or may not apply to your writing situation.
Finally, handouts can give only a fraction of the customized guidance that an individual conference with a Writing Center instructor can provide. If you have questions about the information in our handouts, please make an appointment to see a Writing Center instructor.
Common Writing Assignments
Use these pages to learn about common types of writing assignments.
Job Materials and Application Essays
Proposals and Dissertations
Writing for the Web
A research paper is the final product of an entangled process of research, critical thinking, source assessment, organization, and composition. The research paper serves not only to further the field in which it is written but also to provide the student with an exceptional opportunity to increase their knowledge in that area.
Students have to write different types of research papers and understanding these different research paper types, and your ability to write each type of paper according to the expected university format is one of the essential elements for getting an A+ grade paper. The Assignment Help Experts of StudentsAssignmentHelp.com is here explaining you the different types of research papers:
- Argumentative papers- In an argumentative paper the two sides of a controversial issue are presented in one paper. A good argumentative paper will include in-text citations from researchers that present logical facts from both sides of an issue.
- Cause and effect papers- Cause and effect papers trace the probable or expected results from a particular action or policy in a logical progression that is easily followed by the reader.
- Interpretive papers- Interpretive papers in the literature, humanities, and social sciences and they need the students to use the theoretical knowledge gained in the course of study to a particular case study.
- Compare and contrast papers- These type of Research Paper are frequently utilized in literature courses to compare two different authors or stories from a particular genre.
- Analytical paper- This type of research paper involves data from a range of sources, but the focus on this type of research paper is in analyzing the different viewpoints represented from a factual rather than narrow-minded point of view.