Writing a term paper requires mobilizing all your resources—emotional, intellectual, and technical. No matter if you’ve missed a couple of classes or if you hardly remember the course’s subject, a term paper can be your window of opportunity to pass this course. Effective tools can give you a great boost. Here are 99+ of the Internet’s hidden gems for your term papers - online libraries and tools you can use to your advantage for free.
Academic Search Engines
One of the first steps in writing a successful term paper is extensive research. If you simply Google your topic, commercial links and irrelevant data will pop out of your screen when you least expect them, but this will never be the case if you study for your term papers online using these engines:
- Google Scholar is a metasearch engine returning only reliable search results that can be cited in term papers (books, scholarly articles, educational sites pages). Using advanced settings, you can choose the years of publication and sort the results by year of publication or relevance.
- iSEEK Education is a search engine created for academic research.
- RefSeek (more than 1 billion documents) is a large database supporting students in their online research.
- Virtual LRC (Virtual Learning Resources Center) is a repository of academic resources.
- Digital Library of the Commons Repository is a collection of scholarly articles and research papers.
- The OALster database is the gateway to academic resources in various disciplines.
- Internet Public Library stores resources of all kinds, but academic-related literature is among them.
- Worldcat is an effective and easy-to-use engine for researching your term papers online.
- Microsoft Academic Search is an academic search engine for multidisciplinary research.
- WolframAlpha guarantees no commercial or sponsored links in your search results.
Are you annoyed with academic teasers, showing you just a few lines from a study you badly need? These free full-text academic databases will show you how to find info for your term paper online without the unnecessary worries.
- Library of Congress is a reputable resource that definitely deserves your attention.
- arXiv.org (math and sciences) is a gold mine for those who study math and sciences.
- Archievenet is a large digital archive with materials in various disciplines.
- NASA Search for Educational Resources a tool for searching educational resources online from NASA.
- Smithsonian Research Information System will help you do a quick and effective academic investigation.
- Google Correlate (shows trends) can give you valuable information on trends in the U.S. population and states.
- The British Library Catalogues contain a great amount of material, mainly published in the United Kingdom.
- CIA World Factbook is an easy way to find valuable arguments for your term papers online.
- State Legislative Websites Directory is an open database for doing research in law.
- OpenDOAR is a search repository for freely available academic information.
Term Paper Examples Online
Learn by example from the following term paper samples approved by top institutions:
- Infoplease offers 3 examples of term papers that are fully cited and show what a quality term paper should look like.
- Noreen Reale Falcone Library has a collection of term paper samples that would be useful for historians and students studying history.
- Owl Purdue Online Writing Lab. You can download here a sample paper in MLA format that adheres to the updates of 2016.
- A Research Paper contains not only the text of the term paper but also brief and succinct explanations of why this sample deserves the highest grade.
- Sample Research Papers by the University of California Santa Barbara is a list illustrating different citation styles and content that should be included in term papers in different disciplines.
- A Quantitative Research Paper Sample shows the style and methods to be used in a quantitative design of a research paper.
- Insight for Writing a Qualitative Research Paper will initiate you into the intricacies of a qualitative research method.
- Sociology Student Research Projects is a collection of 100+ open access full-text research papers in sociology completed by top and award-winning students from Saint Mary’s college. It’s a go-to place if you want to find open academic materials for your term paper online.
- Sample Research Paper Proposals include 40+ research papers in engineering, social sciences, medicine, and other fields.
- Palgrave Macmillan Free Articles offer 1,000+ free access full-text articles in various disciplines and covering different topics.
Term Paper Proposals
- MLA Style Paper from Microsoft Office offers to edit an MLA template in browser.
- Sample Research Proposals include 25 sample proposals in various disciplines.
- Research Proposal Examples for qualitative and quantitative studies show the intricacies of different research designs.
- York St. John Research Proposal Examples can be a perfect start to your term paper.
- APA Research Proposal Worksheet illustrates the main principles of APA formatting and research process.
- An Annotated Research Proposal Sample not only demonstrates how a research proposal should look like but also explains why certain elements should be in the right places.
- Undergraduate Engineering Research Proposal specifies the importance and value of research.
- Utah State University Research Proposals illustrate the different types of research proposals using different models and methods.
- Five Principles for Research Ethics demonstrate the main ethic principles of academic research used in practice.
- University of Toledo Research Proposals will come in handy for anyone who is looking for term paper help online.
Free Full-Text Scientific Articles
Free full-text academic publications can be an excellent source of inspiration.
- FreeFullPDF is a quick and easy-to-use academic search engine giving access to more than 80 million valuable academic publications.
- HighWire claims to be the largest archive of free full-text articles in the world, with nearly 3 million open access documents in its database. No matter if it’s true or not, the database is worthy of your attention.
- JURN invites you to search millions of free academic articles.
- Cambridge Journals offer free access to particular articles, volumes, and issues.
- DOAJ is a directory of open access journals.
- DOAB stands for a directory of open access books.
- AJOL is a collection of peer-reviewed African-published scholarly journals. Many of these resources would be helpful for researching your term papers online.
- Bloomsbury Collection is an archive of selected research publications in the social sciences and humanities.
- IDEAS is a bibliographic database with open access research reports in economics and finance.
- IDRC (International Development Research Center) supports initiatives of scholars living in developing countries and makes their findings available to anyone on the web.
Free Medical Journals
- New England Journal of Medicine offers a wide range of medical studies.
- British Medical Journal is an open access archive with thousands of pages of valuable research findings.
- Clinical Infectious Diseases contains a digital archive of study reports with a convenient search option.
- Brain: A Journal of Neurology invites you to check out free access full-text articles on brain development and various issues related to it.
- International Journal of Medical Sciences has high-quality, up-to-date reports covering various fields of study.
- Pediatrics is the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which discusses different aspects of children’s health.
- Diabetes focuses on symptoms, causes, cures, and preventative measures for different forms of diabetes.
- BMC Medicine is a regularly updated open general collection of peer-reviewed articles in all areas of clinical practice.
- Hypertension is a branch of American Heart Association publishing, focusing on hypertension and its aspects.
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings include the latest findings in various fields of medical research.
- Journal of Clinical Investigation is an open access collection of articles, medical case studies, and research reports.
- Heart focuses on heart diseases and opportunities to improve functioning of this important organ.
- Journal of Neuroscience discusses current problems in the field of neuroscience research and trials.
- Free Medical Jounals by Amedeo.com. More that 5000 medical journals in free access online.
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism offers a variety of free access articles discussing the role of hormones and metabolism in an individual’s health.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology discusses various aspects of women’s health.
- Journal of Nutrition presents the latest findings in the field of healthy eating and the effects of eating habits on an individual’s health.
- Annals of Surgery present a collection of scholarly articles on the history and practice of surgery.
- Anesthesiology offers free articles and peer-reviewed studies on modern anesthesiology methods, possible side effects, and directions for future research.
- Critical Care is a collection of open access digital articles that will come in handy for those who collect information for their term papers online or those who work in this field.
Open Computer Science Resources
- CiteSeer is a digital library for scientific and scholarly articles in the field of computers and information science.
- CogPrints is a digital archive containing articles in psychology, neuroscience, and computer studies.
- Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies is one of the oldest collections freely available on the web and covering numerous aspects of computer science.
- DBLP is a free access bibliography, consisting of journals, conferences, and workshops.
- Scientillion is a free repository of open access articles in computer science and quantitative research in other areas.
- Index Copernicus is a multidisciplinary collection of scientific publications.
- Information Bridge provides quick access to science, technology, and development information.
- SciTech Connect a free web service providing free access to online academic resources.
- SciELO is a free digital library providing access to open journals.
- Science.gov is a web portal containing links to U.S. federal, scientific, and technical information.
Free Digital Resources in Social Sciences
- GENESIS is a collection of women’s history accounts and open access articles.
- POPLINE has a comprehensive collection of literature on reproductive health and family planning.
- Psychology’s Feminist Voices is an online multimedia archive with free access articles in psychology.
- PubPsych is a gold mine with free access articles for those doing research in psychology.
- RePEc offers research papers in economics.
- SSRN is a Social Science Research Network.
- VET-Bib is a free open access database with scholarly articles in education and social sciences.
- WorldWideScience is a metasearch engine that will return results from numerous scientific databases that are not easy to find online.
- Social Sciences Journals offer a variety of scholarly articles discussing different aspects of social sciences.
- Open Journal of Social Sciences is a free access to scholarly articles in social sciences.
Open Access Journals in Other Disciplines.
Open Access Journals in Other Disciplines
- AULIMP is a gateway to free resources in military science.
- BASE is a Bielefeld academic search engine providing free access to scientific articles in various disciplines.
- Bioinformatic Harvester is a metasearch engine looking through 50 major bioinformatics databases.
- EconBiz will help you a lot if you’re looking for academic materials for your term papers online.
- LingBuzz is a free archive of articles and research papers in linguistics.
- PLOS is a public library of science that facilitates free education and free use of academic materials.
- NBER stands for the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service will provide you with substantial information for your term paper in criminology or sociology.
- PhilPapers is the gateway to open access articles and peer-reviewed articles in philosophy.
- PubChem is a repository with full-text articles on chemistry.
So, researching your term papers online makes perfect sense. A variety of free repositories and databases will give you not only food for thought but also substantial content and format examples for your projects.
Genetic Engineering Research Paper
1341 Words6 Pages
I. Introduction In the past three decades, scientists have learned how to mix and match characteristics among unrelated creatures by moving genes from one creature to another. This is called “genetic engineering.” Genetic Engineering is prematurely applied to food production. There are estimates that food output must increase by 60 percent over the next 25 years to keep up with demand. Thus, the result of scientist genetically altering plants for more consumption. The two most common methods for gene transfer are biological and electromechanical. “Early experiments all involved changing DNA using bacterial vectors”(Randerson, 2001). Through other advances scientists proclaim how they can improve the human gene pool. All humans have…show more content…
Parents today enroll their children in the best possible schools and will do anything to make sure their children look up to standards. Possibly in a few decades parents would be able to choose from a plethora of traits: hair color, eye color, bigger muscles and so on that their children could obtain. Maybe they'd like to add a few inches to a child's height. Or improve their kid's chances at longevity by tweaking inherited DNA. Planning the child’s genetic future could really give him/her a head start in life.
II. Background There isn’t any background information of human genetic engineering because it is perceived as unmoral, but there are many comparable instances of altering genes. Genetic engineering is the largest food experiment in the history of the world. “More than 100 million acres of the world's most fertile farmland were planted with genetically modified crops last year, about 25 times as much as just four years earlier”(King,1999). There is a series on genetic engineering of food crops, genetic engineers are now moving genes around among plants and animals. The attempt to improve the human race genetically relates to someone creating a specialized breed of horses or dogs. “In the early decades of the 20th century, eugenics projects in the U.S. led to forced sterilization of some people who were considered to have undesirable