120 Vyse Street
14th January 2014
Dear Ms Graham,
I wish to apply for the position of Hotel Receptionist that was advertised last week on the Dayjob.com website.
I am at present working in a similar position for Adams Hotel, where for the last two years I have been responsible for being the first point of contact for all guests visiting the hotel. Apart from my superb customer service skills, I am also fully competent in front office operations, dealing with guests queries, checking guests in and out, operating the telephone switchboard and allocating guest bedrooms on the hotel booking system.
In addition to this, and as per your requirements, I am capable of greeting all guests in a professional, friendly and courteous manner, and have extensive knowledge of a hotel’s facilities and services.
My key skill lies in being able to ensure that guests feel welcomed and valued so that when they leave it’s a certainty that they will be back. Indeed I have been commended by my present employers for creating a professional, welcoming and reassuring atmosphere in the reception areas for all visitors and customers.
Right now I am at the stage in my career where I am ready to work for a prestigious and reputable company like yours. I would also like to add that I am familiar with your Hotels high reputation and am very eager to be associated with it.
I enclose a copy of my CV and hope you will look favourably upon my application.
Tel: 00 44 121 638 0026
More Hotel Receptionist cover letter examples
Hotel receptionist cover letter 1
Hotel receptionist cover letter 2
Hotel receptionist cover letter 3
Hotel receptionist CV example
Hotel receptionist CV sample
Hotel Sales Manager resume examples
Hotel Sales Manager resume
Hotel Sales Manager resume 1
Hotel Sales Manager resume 2
Hotel Sales Manager resume 3
Hotel General Manager resume example
Hotel General Manager resume
Online Hotel Management degree courses
Online Hospitality Management degree
Hospitality Management courses
Hospitality Management degree
Hotel Manager CV
Hotel Manager cover letter examples
Hotel Manager cover letter
Hotel Manager cover letter 1
Hotel Manager cover letter 2
Hotel Manager cover letter 3
More cover letters
Cover letter examples
Cover Letter Tips for Hotel and Hospitality
Its very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, its not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Hotel and Hospitality. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Hotel and Hospitality.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. Its not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.